**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

steady, child.... take my hand.

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand." Psalm 37:23

My desire is to please your heart
to make you feel the warmth of my deep love for you
take my hand.
never let it go.
hold tight and steady my footing.

I balance my way across life's tightrope string.
It bends.
It sways.
It sinks.
It breaks.
But your hand upholds me.
Your strength prevails.
For you know my every intention, and you promised that the ways of the righteous would be ordered.

You said you would keep my head above the water, never to let me drown.
It bobs up and down and I taste the saltiness of the sea.
My legs tire out from treading the waves of suffering.
I see my will to hold on drifting towards the deep.
Just as I begin to immerse myself into the mouth of the earth...
I am rescued.
Pulled up.
Dry.

The winds of the heavens rush through my hair as if it were the very breath of God.
Words "I love you" blow past me in a gust of air that wraps itself around my frail form.
They are the words any woman waits to hear from the man who takes her hand forever.
Forever.
I feel cradled by these words and I know they are Forever.
This love is lasting.
Unfailing.

We dance.
I don't remember learning the steps.
It was as if we had done it a thousand times before.
You take my face,
tilt my chin up towards the sky,
and sweetly whisper these words...
"as long as you're mine, I'll never let you fall."

I believe....because you have never failed me before.


No comments: