**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Blissful Thinking

In response to a friend's great idea, I have his permission (thanks, love) to create a post similar to a recent one of his own. Apparently, I am to choose a phrase at the beginning and complete the thought. My phrase is "I like it when..."

I like it when.....


...My heart breaks for someone else because I feel connected to their soul. I can help someone solve a problem- It gives me a sense of usefulness. Someone takes a stand for justice. Couples are happy making each other happy.
People take time to get to know who I really am. I see others live selflessly. I beat my Grammy in Scrabble, even though I feel sudo guilty. I am challenged. My friends feel loved by me. Bailey (my dog) kisses me in the face, even though it's gross. God uses me to pour into someone else's life. God uses someone else to pour into mine. My friend's strengths compensate for my weaknesses. People are honest and open. I think about the unfathomable idea of eternity even though I have a system failure in my brain. My toes hit the sand for the first time at the beach. Fall weather comes. I get to play with kids. I can bake for other people. My grandaddy calls me Special K... or just "Special" for short. There's a great parking spot at the mall waiting just for me. People want to go on coffee dates. Someone surprises me with a gift (a rarity, though). A handwritten letter comes in the mail, just for me. My favorite tv shows have all-day marathons. I can waste a day doing nothing and not feel ashamed. I can go to a home store and imagine what my future house will look like. I get to visit Disney World. People actually listen and care about what I'm saying. We have family dinners. Someone says "I love you" and means it.

I could go on, but my eyes won't allow me to. It's late and I need to go to bed. Maybe I'll do another one of these exercises another nite, and possibly be more creative with my first phrase. Thanks, B. This was fun. Love you.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks! I'm glad that fall is here too and brings some much needed temperature change! I love that your Granddaddy has a special name for you. My Papa (Calhoun) has called me Sweet my whole life (he rarely ever says my actual name), and it makes me feel so special.

Jesse said...

I like it when you are in the same country/state/city/room as me...