**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

you think you act like a grown-up, huh?

So, I've decided I want to be a little more committed to my blogging. I realize that the writing will probably be therapeutic for me, regardless of the complexity or profoundness of the content. My thoughts need to be expressed in some way, because I understand that I talk a lot and people just can't listen as long as I want to talk. (God, please bless my future husband with genuine interest to what I have to say and may he never be bored with me. Amen.)

Momma always said "don't hate" but I'll say it again and again.... I HATE complainers (sorry, Mom). Today, I must express some frustration, and it could be interpreted as a complaint. In essence, I hate what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway (didn't Paul say something about that? Oh well...Anyway....)

I strongly dislike it when people just a few years older than you make you feel incompetent, inadequate, immature, uneducated, irresponsible, etc, etc, etc. You know? It's those people who have known you since you were young, and they can't get over the fact that you're not in middle/high school anymore. When you're an adult, out of college, you're an adult. Bottom line. I can contribute to adult conversations, I can keep my mouth shut, I dislike drama, I have passions, dreams and goals other than being a fireman or a princess. I don't like feeling that I have to prove my "adult-ness" to people who are just 25, 26, 27 years old. You're in your thirties and forties? Okay, I'll accept it that you're in a different stage in your life that I am, but when you're in your twenties, out of college and single, that's three things we have in common so please don't discount me as a person.

I was with a friend (or who I thought was a friend) recently and this person was on the phone with a friend of theirs and was asked the question, "who are you with? should I come?" and this person said, "oh... it's just Kristen and... so it's not that big of a deal. I wouldn't worry about coming." I knew the person they were talking to... and I was mildly offended/hurt. Honestly, people are people. We each have feelings. Frustration/Annoyance towards you can be easily sensed in others, especially those older, but do you have a right to make me feel inferior? I was so hurt, and unfortunately I now look at this person differently every day because I know they don't see value in me.

Anyway, I'm going to try to swallow my own words and remember this as I get older.... and even now. I never want others to feel that I am not interested in them because of their age. It's Biblical. I encourage everyone to please think on the different people you encounter on a daily basis, in different social circles (church, school, work) and reconsider your actions/words. Everything you say and do reflects the way that people view you, and I know I don't want to be looked at as a superior narcissist.

*I apologize for my frankness.... please forgive me. I just had to get it off my chest.*

No comments: