**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Be nice to everybody....

So lets just talk a minute. God is so good. I mean, SO good.

Romans 8:28, a well-known verse, says "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Yesterday, I told a friend, "I'd rather have nothing and have God provide everything than have everything and never see the hand of Jehovah Jireh work in my life." I don't think I expected this statement to become so real to me so soon. I prayed that I would see miracles and answered prayers in my everyday life. I expected this to take place once I got to Cambodia, not here...

So, I woke up today, bright and early at 8 a.m. thanks to the jet lag causing me to have no sense of time and absolutely no consistency in my sleeping/waking schedule. I went about my day as usual, and at 2:44 p.m. I get a phone call. It was from a local company here in town asking me to come talk to someone. I had no idea what this was about. I thought it was about missions of some sort, and I agreed to come in at 3:30. I rushed to get a shower and put myself together, seeing as I was in my sweaty workout clothes from walking the Greenway this morning, which by the way was perfect weather for walking. Anyway, I made it there right on the nose at 3:30. *whew*

I go in the office, meet this nice man that lives across the street from me, and he is sitting there with my resume in front of him and says he's talked to people that have spoken with people within the company that have met me/employed me (via internship) and everyone has been impressed. I'm thinking, "Uhm... okay, I didn't put in an application in this department. I have never talked to you before. And you've done research on me? Woah." Anyhoo, in the first five minutes, he says he knew I wanted to do missions and said he had part-time work available if I wanted it until I left for my big move in December. What??? I mean, I needed a job, but I hadn't applied anywhere since I've been back. I hadn't even been back a week, and God already lined it up for me.

So how did this happen, you wonder? Well, this man talked to my sweet Grandaddy that sits on the front porch and walks the neighborhood most days when he's feeling up to it. My grandaddy told him that I had applied for another position at the same company, but didn't get it because they were looking for more long term work. He told him that I was going into missions, but never said anything about a job with him. Apparently, God worked through my grandfather and the man felt compelled to offer me a part-time position. I mean, how good is God? He provided and gave me a miracle. When I had nothing. The day after I prayed. Seriously, that's pretty cool.

And so when I told my grandparents the news, the words of wisdom I received from my grandaddy while he was painfully laying in his bed struggling to nap this afternoon: "Be nice to everybody because you never know who you're gonna meet."

Somehow, God just keeps providing and affirming that I'm on the right track. Dear Lord, keep me there. Focused straight ahead. Keep paving that road.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

That's amazing! So good to hear... now you can be a rich missionary!

Anonymous said...

thats cool. thanks for sharing.