**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The secret of living

"We exist in order to enjoy making much of Him....... Christ is glorious so that rich or poor, sick or sound, we might be satisfied in Him." - John Piper

This quote just really spoke to me. So many times we really play the "why me?" game. We're so prideful to believe that as Christians, we deserve some type of elevated life above the unsaved. It's not about us. It's about Him.

Whether or not we have or do not, it's the hope we have in His name and who
He is that sustains us. In making much of Him.

I have to remind myself that it is not I who deserves a profit of my salvation, but it is in the sacrifice of atonement that I can celebrate in His glory.
That no matter the circumstances of my life, I try to recognize my Father as my real Father and I am grateful.

Paul writes in Philippians 4:11-13 "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

The secret of living. That...that is beautiful.

No comments: