**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Christian.

You ever heard the saying, "You learn something new every daÿ"? Well, I learn something new every hour. I've learned 5 Khmer phrases, been to the Killing Fields, Toun Sleng prison museum, the Russian Market, 2 malls, seen a guy with a barf bag on the plane stand right in front of me throwing up, smelled the odor of poverty, seen desperation at its worst, encountered more amputees than I've ever seen in my life and felt more of a desire and passion to be in this place than any other place before.

God has been showing me so much here. Thank you for all your prayers. They are being heard. When I went to the killing fields today, I initially knew what they were, but never imagined to be impacted as much as I did. I've never contemplated my stance on war more in my entire life. For those of you that don't know, there was a massive genocide in Cambodia in the 70s that took place killing over 3 million people. Most of the soldiers were teenagers, literally fighting for their lives so that they wouldn't be put to death. Today, I walked on the very grounds where MILLIONS were executed unjustly. I stood beneath a plexi-glass case that stands 50 feet high, full of skulls that belong to the innocent victims. I was overwhelmed with several emotions: GREAT sadness. Confusion. Anger. Unforgiveness. This was a genocide of the same extent if not worse than Germany's, yet so few people are aware. Why didn't we get involved and stop this civil uproar? Is there a way to be involved without killing innocent people? Can we honestly let millions die with a clear conscience? I don't have the answer.... I'm still searching. But I want to believe so bad that Jesus would want it to stop.

They said earlier that one of the men leading the Khmer Rouge that started the war is now a Christian. A Christian. A CHRISTIAN. Man, if that doesn't explain the grace of God I don't know what does. Thank you, Lord for letting him see the Christ of peace and love. A soul so dark has now been enlightened. I don't understand it, but that's why God is so much bigger than you and me.

We have much more to see. I have much more to learn. I wish I could share it all here, but time is short. I'm keeping a journal while I'm here and I'll be sure to transfer many journals here once I get back to the states. I love everyone that reads my little blog.

3 comments:

hadsell said...

i love your little blog.

and i love that you made me watch that movie.

and I hope you find Him among the disparity...because that is right where He is.

Jenn said...

praying for you friend. unabashed eyesight. can't wait to read more!

lindsaynicole said...

kristen, i love your heart. i love the passion that God has placed in it for others. i'm praying for you girl. i love you!!