**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Stretch out your arms and follow me.

It's hard to express what my eyes have seen since my trip to Cambodia. There are many vivid images that are going to remain in my mind for years to come, but it's because of these images that I'm becoming more of who God created me to be.

I knew I was called to missions earlier this year. Imagine, going 4 years of college and not knowing what exactly you wanted to do, and all of the sudden it's clear as day and you're drenched with confirmation. If you haven't been there yet, don't worry, it will come if you're seeking His will. It happened when I least expected it. Anyway, I don't take this trip to Cambodia lightly at all. For those of you that don't already know this (as if I'm writing to thousands), I went to Cambodia with the intentions of deciding on whether to return or not. I was instructed that I couldn't make a decision to return until I had seen it with my own eyes (although I initially wanted to move there without experiencing it first). Good advice, I'll say, but I was, as expected, drawn to the place. More drawn to the people than I thought I ever would be. My passion for people and especially children only expanded exponentially. Needless to say, I'll be returning. I will be leaving December 29, and plan to stay at least 6 months or until God releases me to go serve elsewhere. Right now, I'm just going to raise money in order to go back. A quote that I'll always remember hearing is, "If God has called you, He has also called the resources."

So, I'm writing this blog for a two-fold purpose. One, so that my grand audience can know my future plans. And Two, so that I can encourage everyone to seek the perfect will of God. I read a scripture today in John 21. It says (starting verse 18), "I tell you the truth, when you were young, you were able to do as you liked; you dressed yourself and went wherever you wanted to go. But when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and others will dress you and take you where you don’t want to go.” Jesus said this to let the future disciple know by what kind of death he would glorify God. Then Jesus told him, 'Follow me.' " This can be interpreted many ways, but in that moment that I read it, I took it as if God were saying "Stretch out your arms and follow me. Let me lead you. Let me clothe you. Leave the ways of your youth. Trust me to take you to the places of discomfort where you do not want to go, but where I want you to go so that you will glorify my Kingdom." It's this type of surrender that Jesus wants from us. To submit to Him with open arms and willingly accept the path that He has laid out for us to take.

I know that going to Cambodia is the first part of this wonderful, amazing calling that God has so graciously appointed for me. Why He chose me, I don't know because I don't feel deserving. But looking back on my life, everything makes perfect sense. My thinking, my feelings, my actions, my nature....it's all very purposeful for what I have been designed to do.

I pray that you will stretch out your hands to the Father and let him clothe you in garments of righteousness and faith. That you will desire holiness and trust Him to take you where He wills, and not where our young hearts selfishly stray away.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Hey Darling girl! I can’t wait to hear all about it. I am proud of you.

Jesse said...

I am glad you used "Jehovah Jireh" in your comment. It makes me think of church when I was a kid... I'm not sure why.