**UPDATE**: I have moved my blog to www.kpace.wordpress.com Thanks for understanding! :)

these are just a few thoughts of mine that i try to convey to the best of my ability. some i would like to think profound, while others may be simplistic. either way, i'd like to share my excitement with the world on a megaphone if i could, but for now i only have this blog....

For friends and family, feel free to contact me at kristen.pace7@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

The grass danced.

I just took a look at my feeds, and it seems that I currently have 42 posts. With about 10 weeks to go in the year, that means I averaged writing once a week. Once. A Week. That's just not acceptable. Surely I have more inspiration than that, but I've begun to accept the terrible truth that my life may just not be that exciting right now......

Psyche.

God is doing too many good things for my life not to be exploding with excitement! He's showing up in the oddest places, in the most unexpected ways and realigning my life to His. I do have something to write about. God is a good God. My dad once told me that no matter what happens, no matter how much I question God, to always remember that He is good. It may seem like a cheap piece of advice to you, but for some reason I've always referred back to it. It's like one of those truths that's ingrained in your brain and you could never forget it even if you tried.

He, the grand creator of all things in Heaven and Earth, reveals new things to us every day, but we must make time to listen. Notice I said make time to listen. The demands of life are trying for most people now, and if they're not, then people are busying themselves to boost their egos in order to convince themselves that they embody significance to the world. We must make time to listen to God. I believe that even sitting in solitude in your car, stuck in a traffic jam on I-75, the still voice of God can speak amidst the chaos.

I was doing a walk/run (I hate running, so I integrate jogging into my walks occasionally to make myself feel better) the other day, and my stomach started aching. I was elsewhere in my mind, thinking of how bad I wanted God to show me something new in the redundant circle of cement that I walk several times a week, but I stopped and sat down to ease the pain. As I was breathing heavily to catch my breath and get oxygen to the cramp (I think it works...I probably made that up completely), I watched the wind blow the grass. The grass danced.

I'm not sure if it was the waltz, the samba, the tango or the cha cha slide, but it danced. And God said, "Why do I have to cause you pain to make you sit and listen? I make the grass dance for you, but you miss it because you won't be still."

Surely this is something you've heard before, but for some reason we have to be reminded of it, just as I was. So I remind you to sit and listen. In the quiet, in the chaos, just listen. He will show you something, but whether it's good, bad, sad, full of joy and life or despair and doubt, remember that He is still good.


No comments: